The only correct decision Gordon Brown has ever made.
So Gordon Brown has quit.
He leaves his party with a record of shame and goes on record as being one of the very few people to have served as Prime Minister without ever have been elected. Just to add to his dismal record his time in office as Prime Minister is one of the shortest periods served in that Office ever.
Way to go Gordon.
This of course makes the prospect of a who goes into Number 10 far more interesting. The Liberal Democrats were not going to countenance a deal with the Labour Party while Gordon Brown squatted in Number 10. Now that the Downing Street Squatter is going to self evict himself, talks with the Liberal Democrats are now a real possibility.
If the Conservatives want any sniff at power ever they really do need to start to swallow their pride and consider real electoral reform. Only a truly proportional system will be fair.
If Labour got their way on AV, which is even less proportional than PR, the Conservatives could be out of power for ever and real electoral reform would never happen.
Do not forget that Labour would have gained far more seats in 2005 under AV despite having a similar share of the vote to that of the Conservatives and they would have gained far more seats in 2010. AV benefits Labour far more than the Conservatives, it provides them with even more of a lead in the ballot box than the current system and acts purely as a booster to Labour in their good years. PR is at least a reflection of the desires of the voters. Get on with it. Don’t let Labour steal an election forever.
- In reply to Dan Riehl: The Liars World View
- This beats her record. Palin quit the race before she even got in it.
- Sorry, I was wrong about #OccupyWallStreet
- For Jamey
- “New York’s finest”. This policeman needs to be prosecuted.
- Republicans boo soldier serving in Iraq and Frothy Mix calls for reinstatement of DADT
- We are Troy Davis
- Hey Megan Fox – take your “slave” article and shove it.
|Anonymous on Big in Japan? Not likely…|
|Joe Fleming on Sarah Palin’s Second Ame…|
|fred smith on In reply to Dan Riehl: The Lia…|
|In reply to Dan Rieh… on Hey Megan Fox – take you…|
|alhaji ibrahim yeldu on What have the Muslims ever don…|
- What have the Muslims ever done for America?
- I am choosing not to smoke.
- Wow - a penis. Stop the presses and show me the real scandal.
- Did the bugles sound The Last Post in chorus?
- Found: The Secret Conservative Personal Ads You Were Never Supposed To See!
- Is Gordon Brown Racist or Just Afraid of Being Seen as Pale Faced?
- Remember Ashley Todd the crazy B lady from 2008? Well the crazies got crazier.
- Banksy's Simpsons opening proves Groening has Fox by the balls
- NYC buildings collapse in explosion, two dead - Reuters
- OSCE team says Crimea gunmen threatened to shoot at them - Reuters
- Reports: Obama to issue executive order expanding overtime pay - Washington Post
- Two 5-Story Buildings Collapse in East Harlem - ABC News
- Teen back at home of parents she sued - USA TODAY
- Wife Of Jerry Sandusky Insists He's Innocent, And Is The Only Person In The ... - Bustle
- Cricket bat used to strike bathroom door at Pistorius home: forensic analyst - CTV News
- SF firefighters still dousing hot spots after massive blaze - Los Angeles Times
- Accused of spying on Congress, CIA director tap dances - CBS News
- Snow Ends in Chicago as Late Winter Storm Moves Eastward (1) - Businessweek
- #MarriageEquality is coming and the GOP will cry dailykos.com/story/2013/03/… #tcot #p2 #equality #gay 11 months ago
- RT @SluttySlutSlut1: “Only in America can u be Pro-Death Penalty, Pro-War, Pro-Unmanned Drone, Pro-Nucs, Pro-Guns, Pro-Torture, AND stil ... 1 year ago
- RT @tiffany_willis: So Rand Paul, tell us again how Benghazi was the greatest tragedy since 9/11. Idiot. fb.me/1tVAevu8I 1 year ago
- The harsh tale of #MittRomney's unemployment, dailykos.com/story/2012/12/… #p2 #my2k #Obama #election2012 1 year ago
- July 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009