Home > Cons-Lie, Main Blog - General, Stupid Republicans, Tea Party, US Politics > People I Used to Like, Then I Found Out They Are Right-Wing Nut Jobs

People I Used to Like, Then I Found Out They Are Right-Wing Nut Jobs

Dennis Miller claims to have gone over to the dark side – that is, he wants us to believe he used to be a liberal. I’m not sure I believe he was ever the liberal he claims to have been. More than likely, he was a-political with conservative tendencies. He may have voted Democrat when he was a poor and struggling comedian, but money sure has placed him squarely in the Republican tent. If you have listened to his radio show, there is no trace of any liberal (or even compassionate) roots. I used to think he was funny, as I really appreciate his acerbic brand of humor, but I’ve come to discover the sarcasm stems from a true pessimism of human nature and a mean streak that runs deep and wide. Dennis, I’ve removed you from my Christmas card mailing list – it’s never reciprocated anyway.

I always used to tell people that while I was waiting for the next Steven King novel to arrive, Dean Koontz was a great fill in. However, his tendency to inject more and more of his conservative views into his books lately is really making it difficult for me to enjoy them. I think I’ve given up. Making sure to address social issues like gun control and pro-life concerns, hasn’t been enough in his more recent novels. Now, the themes have taken on a decidedly conservative world view. Anyone have any suggestions for a good horror/thriller writer that can fill the void?

Victoria Jackson has become a raving lunatic. Maybe she always has

Victoria "Whack Job" Jackson

been and what I thought was comedy was simply a very sad, very ill person crying out for help. Another Saturday Night Live alum that sits on the wrong side of the aisle, Jackson isn’t content to simply vote Republican. Like many celebrities who use their fame to draw attention to a cause, she makes regular speaking appearances to help the needy. That is, if you consider the Koch brothers needy. Unlike Matt Damon or Bono, Victoria isn’t out there to help feed the hungry or shoe the shoeless. She’s out there trying to out crazy Sarah Palin at Tea Party events. If you thought there wasn’t a voice that could annoy you more than Palin’s, it’s only because you haven’t heard the shrill rantings of one Victoria Jackson. That voice was funny when everyone thought she was playing a dingy blonde. When it’s used to rail against “big government” and we find that she actually is dingy, it’s not so funny.

Mel Gibson… Man I loved Braveheart! I always liked Mad Max too. I didn’t even get upset about Passion of the Christ. The fact that the movie casts Jews in a less than flattering light could be construed as creative license and not meant to be offensive. And then came the drunken anti-Semitic rant. Later Mel treated us to the not-so-drunken, violent and blatantly sexist rant. I was beginning to think that William Wallace was not the hero of the people I thought he was. Of course anti-Semitism and misogyny are not relegated to the right-wing alone, but Mel’s another good example of the fact that they are weighted heavily in that direction. It’s a shame too. What a great actor that I will never be able to enjoy in the same way again.

I’m a big fan of John Steinbeck. And no, John Steinbeck was not a right-wing nut job. Anything but, in fact. It was the 1992 movie Of Mice and Men that made me a huge fan of the actor Gary Sinise. I’ve since tried to see just about everything in which he has acted. Then I found out that Sinise is not only conservative, he is considered the leader of the Hollywood Right-Wing. And while I still enjoy his film and television work, I find it difficult to separate the man with his politics, with which I heartily disagree.

John Stossel. Yep, I used to like John Stossel. And if you watch him on Faux “News”, you may find that hard to believe. But before I was as politically aware, and before he was nearly so politically overt in his reporting, I enjoyed his investigative reports for ABC. And while ABC may be the most conservative of the three networks, it is certainly no Faux “News”. As Stossel’s angry libertarian, anti-government wackiness became more and more a part of his reporting, there was simply no other place for him but that bastion of conservative propaganda, Faux.

1. hypocritebasher
    April 15, 2011 at 12:16 pm

You know who else is a right-wing nutjob?

Obama!

He has started a new war.
    He has not left Iraq.
    He has not left Afghanistan.
    He has not closed down Guantanamo Bay.
    He is still running secret prisons around the world.

He is also a liar and a war criminal.

• G C Gent
      June 24, 2011 at 2:28 am

go away, you belong on the right-wing-nut-job page

2. April 15, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Well, Lybia is not a war. It is a military action in conjuction with the Arab League, the UN and NATO. I’m irritated about Iraq. I’m more irritated about Afghanistan, though at least we should have been there in the first place. I’m irritated about Gitmo, but again I remind you, as I have before (you seem to be continually and willfully ignorant of the facts here – as if you’re doing it on purpose) that it is CONGRESS that has disallowed the closing of Gitmo. And I’m disgusted about black op prisons and rendition (you left that one out). Is he still a better president than the last four the GOP put in the White House? You bet, by a country mile.

Also, I’m begining to suspect you simply troll sites with which you disagree so that you can post provoacative and inciteful comments that have nothing to do with actual debate or discussion. Actually, for the thick of head, that was sarcasm. I’m not “begining to suspect” it, I’m convinced of it. Thought I’d better spell that out for you.

3. hypocritebasher
    April 15, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Oh, I forgot…it’s a “kinetic military action”. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

You liberals are such fools. Your messiah can piss down your leg, tell you it’s raining and you would fall for it.

The liberals are looking like complete fools. They kicked and screamed when Bush did these things, but now it is OK when their messiah DOES THE EXACT SAME THING!

I forgot to mention the pictures of US soldiers posing with dead Iraqis.

Can we start calling Obama a war criminal now?

• April 15, 2011 at 8:50 pm

umm… okay, either you didn’t read the comment I posted in reply to yours, or you just don’t have firm grasp of the English language.

Again, as for the pictures, as I’ve explained in small words to you before, unless you can trace approval for the behavior to the oval office, like we can with bush and the Abu Ghraib photos, your analogy is a poor one. I don’t like the behavior regardless of which administration it occured under. The difference is, einstein, is that under Bush there was tacit approval for this behavior all the way up the soldier’s chain of command to his office. See the difference? If not, then maybe you should leave web sites like this to adults and the intellectually sound.

Now, having said this – and I hope I used terms which were simple enough for you, I’m done responding to your comments, as I can see you are either an idiot, or a poor excuse for a troll. In any event, my replies were more for other readers’ edification, not yours.

• hypocritebasher
        April 16, 2011 at 12:03 am

It is hilarious watching the liberal idiots trying to cover for their messiah.

How the hell can you say there was “tacit approval for this behavior all the way up the soldier’s chain of command” when there wasn’t any under Bush? YOU ARE LYING.

The liberal idiots are are making fools of themselves.

If Bush was a war criminal, Obama is a war criminal.

Liberals hate it when their hypocrisy is exposed for all to see.

• April 16, 2011 at 4:05 am

Republicants have messiahs, liberals tend not to. Republicants also tend to be thick idiots who support masive tax hikes on the bottom 95% of Americans to pay for tax cuts for the top 5%.

• hypocritebasher
            April 18, 2011 at 12:10 pm

The liberals made Obama their messiah.

Since when have the Republicans been pushing tax hikes? It is Obama that wants tax hikes, the Republicans want to lower taxes for EVERYONE.

• April 18, 2011 at 11:29 pm

You really have not read the Ryan plan have you, unless you earn more than $250k per year you will pay more under the Republicants than under Obama. No Liberal made Obama their Messiah, which American Contservative does not make Reagan their Messiah?

• April 18, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Maybe Reagan is the only time I agreed with Shrub Senior, you may need to do something called study before you as a Republicant ever understand that.

4. April 16, 2011 at 4:07 am

hypocritebasher :

If Bush was a war criminal, Obama is a war criminal.

So was Shrub a war criminal?

By the way Conservatives in the UK consider Blair and Bush to be a war criminal.

• hypocritebasher
      April 18, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Since Obama:

1. Has not close Gitmo
      2. Is president when there are pictures of US soldiers with dead people
      3. Continued to operate secret prisons around the world

Then Obama is a war criminal right?

Or are you just another liberal hypocrite?

• Heywood Jablome
        June 27, 2011 at 11:58 pm

Holy shit you’re stupid! Do you not know how to read? Why don’t you stop listening to idiots who only reinforce your ill-informed opinion and actually read the facts. You do a pretty damn good job of making yourself look dumb.

1. April 15, 2011 at 5:13 am