Sorry, I was wrong about #OccupyWallStreet
I dismissed this in the same way I dismissed the riots in the United Kingdom. I thought, yeah ok, there will be some protests and at best maybe there may be some in depth papers covering this simple stat which is part of what is getting people to the streets
I thought that they would be ridiculed. They were. It strengthened them. I thought that they NYPD police abuse was the end of their movement. It only gained them strength and support. I thought that the 700 arrests would destroy them. It drove students in to their willing arms.
There are no riots. There is no criminality to allow the upper 1% to simply dismiss them as criminals.
They represent ordinary people who are crying – enough is enough. Why should they face the pain of “austerity” when the very criminals who caused the collapse of the economy are rewarded?
The media first ignored #OccupyWallStreet. Now they are at the frontline. Soon they will be claiming credit, while misrepresenting the people who are speaking out.
Already Republicants are calling it “class warfare” because the 99% are now saying enough is enough.
An old message now
The 1% went one step too far.
Now they are having to fight back through the media. Of course, it is worth remembering only a few months ago every Republican Presidential candidate parroted the GOP line that they were the ones fighting crony capitalism.
- In reply to Dan Riehl: The Liars World View
- This beats her record. Palin quit the race before she even got in it.
- Sorry, I was wrong about #OccupyWallStreet
- For Jamey
- “New York’s finest”. This policeman needs to be prosecuted.
- Republicans boo soldier serving in Iraq and Frothy Mix calls for reinstatement of DADT
- We are Troy Davis
- Hey Megan Fox – take your “slave” article and shove it.
|Anonymous on Big in Japan? Not likely…|
|Joe Fleming on Sarah Palin’s Second Ame…|
|fred smith on In reply to Dan Riehl: The Lia…|
|In reply to Dan Rieh… on Hey Megan Fox – take you…|
|alhaji ibrahim yeldu on What have the Muslims ever don…|
- What have the Muslims ever done for America?
- This Is Joycore!
- Why grammar is important
- Hey Megan Fox - take your "slave" article and shove it.
- God of War III. Here comes the poutrage to generate the sales.
- Now Tea Party Republicans want to kill women who have a miscarriage.
- Remember Ashley Todd the crazy B lady from 2008? Well the crazies got crazier.
- Big in Japan? Not likely - it is illegal.
- Banksy's Simpsons opening proves Groening has Fox by the balls
- People I Used to Like, Then I Found Out They Are Right-Wing Nut Jobs
- As it happened: Pressure on Russia - BBC News
- Veterans Go for the Gold at Sochi Paralympic Games - ABC News
- Pregnant SC mom drives van with kids into ocean - Beaumont Enterprise
- Oscar Pistorius murder trial: 'Oscar was an angry boyfriend' - Telegraph.co.uk
- 'Upskirt' ban in Massachusetts signed into law - CNN
- Winter Cuts No Ice on Jobs - Wall Street Journal
- Dorian "Satoshi" Nakamoto: I didn't invent Bitcoin - CBS News
- Prosecutors: General coerced captain into affair - WRIC
- Malaysian court sentences Anwar Ibrahim to five years jail for sodomy - Livemint
- Texas Gov. Perry makes his case to conservatives - MiamiHerald.com
- #MarriageEquality is coming and the GOP will cry dailykos.com/story/2013/03/… #tcot #p2 #equality #gay 11 months ago
- RT @SluttySlutSlut1: “Only in America can u be Pro-Death Penalty, Pro-War, Pro-Unmanned Drone, Pro-Nucs, Pro-Guns, Pro-Torture, AND stil ... 1 year ago
- RT @tiffany_willis: So Rand Paul, tell us again how Benghazi was the greatest tragedy since 9/11. Idiot. fb.me/1tVAevu8I 1 year ago
- RT @adbridgeforth: This was the #GOP before the America hating greedy extremists took over. An Actual Poster from 1956! #p2 #tcot #union ... 1 year ago
- The harsh tale of #MittRomney's unemployment, dailykos.com/story/2012/12/… #p2 #my2k #Obama #election2012 1 year ago
- July 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009